Born on 6 March 1914 at Ruda Pabianicka. He trained as a pilot during his compulsory national military service at the 4th Air Regiment in Toruń. He then served as a pilot with the 141st Fighter Flight. Subsequently he became a flying instructor at No. 1 Air Force Training Centre at Deblin During the Polish campaign of 1939 he joined the ad hoc reserve reconnaissance flight formed from newly commissioned graduates of the Polish Air Force College and instructor pilots of the school. Following the Soviet aggression on 17 September he evacuated to Rumania, then travelling to France. During the French campaign he fought with the Polish section attached to GC III/9. He then evacuated via French North Africa. He arrived in Britain on 7 July 1940 (receiving service no. 782878). Following conversion training, from September 1940 he flew with No. 306 Squadron. He was commissioned on 1 June 1942 (with new service no. P-1915). Between 15 November and 9 December 1942 he was rested from operations, flying as a test pilot at the Aircraft and Armament Experimental Establishment. He then rejoined No. 306 Sqn, and on 31 December 1942 he was credited with an FW 190 that was officially labelled the 500th aircraft shot down by the Polish Air Force in Britain. During another rest from operations, from 5 May to 23 November 1943, he was an instructor at No. 58 OTU, and then at No. 61 OTU. From November 1943 he flew again with No. 306 Squadron. On 25 June 1944 he was transferred to No. 315 Squadron as ‘A’ Flight commander. On 31 October 1944 he moved to a staff post at the Polish AF HQ. On 22 May 1945 he was posted to the HQ of the 2nd Polish Wing (No. 133 Wing), and on 16 July 1945 he was appointed to command No. 309 Squadron, which he then led until its disbandment in late 1946. After demobilisation he settled in Britain. He then ran a farm for many years. He died on 28 January 1990.
His decorations included
the Silver Cross of Virtuti Militari (no. 09678), 10 February 1943
the Cross of Valour and three Bars,
the British Distinguished Flying Cross, 9 February 1945
the Air Medal.