Born 15 January 1908 at Lida. He studied at the Stefan Batory University in Wilno. He interrupted his studies and in September 1929 he joined the Air Force Reserve Cadet Officers' School at Deblin, and upon graduation, the Air Force Cadet Officers' School. Commissioned on 15 August 1932, he was posted to the 31st Line Flight of the 3rd Air Regiment in Poznan. During May-June 1933 he completed an advanced flying course and in July 1933 he was posted to the 132nd Fighter Flight. From August 1934 he was also an engineering officer there. During April- September 1935 he was temporarily attached as an advanced flying instructor to Grudziadz, and in December 1935 he received a permanent posting there (he remained at the school after it moved to Ulez in early 1939). In September 1939 he commanded the ad-hoc fighter flight of flying instructors, and flew combat sorties with it. He then took part in evacuation of the school. On 17 September he crossed the Rumanian border. Then he went by sea to France and arrived at Marseilles on 29 October. On 27 January he arrived in Britain. He received service no. 76730. On 4 July he was sent for a conversion course on British aircraft at Old Sarum. Following a short fighter training at No. 6 OTU, on 5 August 1940 he was posted to No. 501 Squadron RAF. With it he fought in the Battle of Britain. On 2 September he was shot down in Hurricane I L1868 SD-D. On 17 November 1940 he went do No. 306 Squadron, and from 22 November he commanded the 'A' Flight there. On 14 May 1941 he was transferred to No. 302 Squadron as the 'A' Flight commander. From 29 May to 28 November 1941 he commanded No. 302 Squadron. On 28 November 1941 he took command of the 2nd Polish Wing at Exeter. He commanded it until 25 September 1942. From 25 September 1942 he was the Polish Liaison Officer In No. 11 Group RAF. From 18 February he was the deputy Polish Liaison Officer at the HQ Fighter Command. From 24 April 1944 he was the chief instructor at No. 61 Operational Training Unit. From mid- August to October 1944 he served at the HQ 2nd Polish Wing, flying on operations with its squadrons. Subsequently he returned to No. 61 Operational Training Unit, and on 9 January 1945 he became the commander No. 25 (Polish) Elementary Flying School at Hucknall. From 19 June 1945 until disbandment he commanded No. 131 (Polish) Wing. He was the Polish Air Force representative in the Chapter of the Virtuti Militari Order. He returned to Poland in 1948. He was not allowed to join the air force and he worked as a clerk. In 1957 he was finally invited to join the air force. He held a number of important posts, including that of the commander of the Air Training Centre at Modlin. He lived in Warsaw. In 1991 he was elected the president of the Polish Airmen Association in Poland. He died on 30 December 1994 and was buried in the MIlitary Powazki cemetery in Warsaw.
His decorations included
the Bronze Cross of Merit (before the war),
the Silver Cross of Virtuti Militari (no. 8992),
the Cross of Valour
the Distinguished Flying Cross.
He was posthumously awarded
the Commander's Cross of Polonia Restituta