Born on 25 November 1913 at Cieszyn. In 1933 he graduated from a
secondary school and in January 1934 he joined the Air Force Cadet Officers' School at Deblin. Commissioned in the 9th class on 15 August 1936 as a pilot. He served with the 132nd Fighter Flight of the 3rd Air Regiment in Poznan, and from 15 January 1938 at the Air Force Cadet Officers' School as an instructor. In September 1939 he was evacuated with a group of cadet officers to Rumania, a subsequently to France. In January 1940 he arrived in Britain. He received service no. 76748. He underwent conversion training on British aircraft, and subsequently a fighter
course at No. 6 Operational Training Unit. On 1 September 1940 he was posted to No. 17 Squadron RAF at Tangmere and served with it until February 1941. On 24 February he was reposted to No. 317 Squadron, where he flew in 'B' Flight. On 2 June 1941 he shared with Sgt Tadeusz Baranowski in shooting down the first German aircraft credited to the unit. From mid-August 1941 he was rested from operations, serving at the operations room of No. 317 Squadron. On 1 March 1942 he was appointed the 'A' Flight commander in No. 317 Squadron, but on the 15th he was injured in Spitfire VB AD321 JH-A during an emergency landing in mist. Following convalescence, in late August 1942 he resumed flight commander duties with No. 317 Squadron, this time in 'B' Flight. On 5 March 1943 he was appointed commander of No. 308 Squadron. He led it until 17 May 1943, and then he was posted to the Station HQ at RAF Heston, the base of the 2nd Polish Wing. From June to August 1943 he was fighter tactics instructor with No. 309 Squadron. In early August he was posted to No. 316 Squadron, and then commanded it from 15 September 1943 to 26 June 1944. On 27 June 1944 he transferred to command No. 306 Squadron and led it until 24 September 1944. He then transferred to the HQ Polish Air Force and was posted as the Polish Liaison Officer to the HQ No. 13 Group RAF. On 11 March 1945 he commenced a course at the School of Air Support, Old Sarum. From 18 April until 9 May 1945 he was the commander of No. 84 Group Support Unit. On 17 May 1945 he became the commander of No. 317 Squadron. On 12 October 1945 he resumed command of No. 316 Squadron and remained at the post until disbandment of the unit. During his career he was the only Polish Air Force officer to command four different fighter squadrons, including No. 316 Squadron on two occasions. In December 1946 he was released from the Polish Air Force, and emigrated to Argentina. He died on 11 May 1985 in Buenos Aires.
His decorations included the Silver
Cross of Virtuti Militari (no. 11062)
the Cross of Valour and two bars.