Born on 3 November 1915 at Bogusze near Szczuczyn in Białystok area, son of Julian and Aleksandra nee Kozlowska. He has graduated from the Infantry NCO School for Minors and served with the 8th Infantry Regiment in Lublin. In the summer 1936 he has completed a gliding course at Ustianowa and on 15 September he commenced an elementary flying course in the training flight of the 1st Air Regiment in Warsaw. In July 1937 he was accepted for an advanced flying training at Grudziądz and after completion of the course he was posted to the 113th Fighter Flight. From mid-June until mid-December 1938 he was detached to the Border Protection Corps at Sarny. During September 1939 he fought with the 113th Fighter Flight, part of the Pursuit Brigade. He crossed the Rumanian border on 20 September and went to France by sea. He was posted to the section of Maj. Eugeniusz Wyrwicki, assigned to the GC II/10. On 7 June he fought a successful combat with a Messerschmitt 109, but was then forced to crash-land his machine due to lack of fuel. After the fall of France he went to North Africa and then via Gibraltar went to Britain. There he received service no. 782842. After a period at Blackpool he was sent for a short refreshment course at No. 15 EFTS, and was then posted as a staff pilot to No. 8 BGS. In March 1941 he was sent for fighter training at No. 55 OTU, and on 16 April 1941 he was posted to No. 317 Squadron. On 7 March 1942 during a morning patrol over Bolt Head airfield he was slightly wounded in leg during a combat with two Me 109s. At the turn of 1942 he volunteered to go to Africa and in February he joined the Polish Combat Team, with which he then flew in combat from March until May 1943. Returning to Britain, on 23 July 1943 he was posted to No. 58 OTU as an instructor. On 11 August he moved to AFDU at Wittering. He resumed operational flying with a posting to No. 308 Squadron on 20 November 1943. On 6 April he was rested and posted to the Polish Air Force Depot at Blackpool. On 15 June he was posted to No. 316 Squadron for a fortnight, moving to No. 315 Sqn on 29 June. On 16 September 1944 he was posted to Blackpool again, and on 6 December he went to the HQ No. 133 Wing. On 18 January he rejoined No. 315 Squadron, serving with it until the end of itrs existence. For his combat achievements he was commissioned (receiving new service no. P-3037). On 23 May 1946 he was appointed adjutant of No. 315 Sqn, and remained at this post until disbandment of the unit. Following demobilisation he emigrated to Canada and settled in Ontario. He died on 21 December 1995 at Hamilton in Canada.
His decorations included
the Silver Cross of Virtuti Militari (no. 08483),
the Cross of Valour and two Bars
the Distinguished Flying Medal.